Today, 8 May 2015, was held the meeting of the Steering Committee of 'Modernization of local public services in the Republic of Moldova' project for the reporting period: October 2014-March 2015. At the meeting were presented the activities planned for April - June 2015.
Vasile Bîtca, Minister of Regional Development and Construction said that: 'It is to be discussed successes and solutions to avoid obstacles detected in the two Intervention areas: local public services and regional planning and programming. I want to note the importance of implemented activities, as cooperation between local authorities for joint provision of services and service operators' capacity development. However, without these aspects, infrastructure investment will not be sustainable. We are building the future at home'.
'At this moment the priority is to outline the strategic vision for regional development in 2016-2020. Policies in this area can be more dynamic, can count on inter-ministerial cooperation and synergy of existing funds', said Alexandr Muravschi, deputy manager of the GIZ project 'Modernization of local public services in the Republic of Moldova'.
Among the successes achieved during the reference period may be mentioned:
- Close collaboration with MRDC, RDCs and RDAs, three Regional Sector Programmes in Regional and Local Roads sector, were approved by North, Centre and South Regional Development Councils in all three regions.
- So far, more than 176 Possible Project Concepts have been identified and reviewed in the sectors of water supply and sanitation, solid waste management, energy efficiency in public buildings, regional and local roads.
At the same time, during the meeting it was agreed on the following priorities for the future:
- Support in the development of the new National Strategy for Regional Development
- Support in project development and project portfolio management.
- Promoting ideas/concepts of regional projects by the donor community.
- Assistance in strategic planning at national and regional level.
- Support in the development of regional operational plans
- Launch of the public procurement for Leova-Iargara water pipe
The project 'Modernization of local public services in the Republic of Moldova' is implemented by the German Development Cooperation through GIZ and is financially supported by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), Ministry Foreign Affairs of Romania and the European Union. The total project's budget is EUR 23.8 million.